Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sculpting Anatomical Models

For the past several months, I have been working for Denoyer- Geppert Science Company sculpting medical anatomical models for the medical field. This has been a new adventure for me as it is very different than sculpting monsters and masks, but has been great fun and very rewarding knowing that the art I am creating is going to help medical students at universities and doctors all over the world learn from the models I sculpt. I am really enjoying learning about how our bodies work, and sculpting them from the inside out. I have been working along side Phillip Schalekamp at his studio. He is an amazing artist of many disciplines. Definitely check out his website HERE. I can not show the work I have done for Denoyer-Geppert yet, but will post them as each prototype goes into production and is officially released by the company.

Denoyer-Geppert Logo © Denoyer-Geppert.

No comments: