Sunday, May 8, 2011

C2E2 2011 Follow-Up

As mentioned in my previous post, I have been a little behind on my blog entries due to all the projects I've been working on. C2E2: Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo 2011 turned out to be a great show. I was the featured artist at the Blick Art Material's booth, doing a sculpture live all weekend. Blick is one of the sponsors for my classes I am teaching out of my new studio, and was there promoting the classes, generating a lot of interest. As is any convention, it is fun seeing friends and colleagues, as well as meeting fans and making new ones. All weekend, I was working on a sculpted bust of the Hulk based off a concept sketch I did, that still is a work in progress. Soon, once my projects slow down, I will have to come back to him and finish the sculpt. A special thank you to my friend and fellow artist Kevin Sandstrom, the General Manager at Blick in Wheaton, for including me at the event! Here are some of the pictures from the show:

Artist Diosdado "Dodie" Mondero and I at my booth.

Artwork, WIP Sculpt, and Masks © J. Anthony Kosar.
Photos by Bear McGivney, Diosdado Mondero, Kevin Sandstrom.

No comments: