Friday, December 3, 2010

DAILY WARM-UP 12/3/10: Alien - Part2


Well, I started this guy as my daily warm-up on 12/1/10, didn't get a chance to continue him yesterday, so I finished him as my daily warm-up today. Spent an additional 2.5 hours on him. If I were to make him a finished piece, I'd go even tighter on his details, and give his hands more expressive character, but I came to a point where I just had to move on to my actual projects and start a new character for the next daily warm-up. Above, he is in a violet misty setting. Below he is in "classic" green in a bluer setting. I thought he worked both ways, but I favor the violet one. What do you think??


And here is the final greyscale version...


Here is the process...


And here is a detail, a portrait which kind of is like the way my other warm-ups have been, so perhaps, I got two in one...


I really got carried away by his ribcage and abdomen, and if I were to continue him, I'd really go to town on those details...


Also view on my website HERE



Artwork © 2010 J. Anthony Kosar.

No comments: