Thursday, January 7, 2010

AVATAR: The A.M.P. SUIT

This is the picture I have waited for since 2007, and now, after the successful worldwide release of the film AVATAR, I am so excited and proud to post it!! Click image to see larger (I'm wearing an olive green t-shirt, located just right of center in the 3rd row from the front, between the 2 gentlemen wearing black t-shirts). This is the crew from Stan Winston Studio (now Legacy Effects after the passing of Legendary FX Artist Stan Winston). There was a large team working on the A.M.P. Suit, and everyone had their specific jobs to do. During my summer 2007 internship, I had the honor to help build this baby, molding and casting the large pieces of the A.M.P. Suit. It was such a great time! Congratulations to the entire Stan Winston Studio crew and thank you for letting me be a part of it!! Below is a small featurette on the A.M.P. Suit...



Here are a few pics of the A.M.P. Suit in action!!!

If anyone has not seen AVATAR yet, you NEED to go! See it 3D on IMAX to get the most out of the experience. It is a beautiful film, and one of the best I have ever seen! I can't tell you enough how proud I am to have worked on it, even if what I did is so small in scale of how big the film is,... I'm just glad to have been there. This is one of those films that will forever change the film industry!

HERE IS THE TRAILER:






Here's the other picture (below) I'm so proud to have:
Stan Winston and me


AMP Suit Crew Picture and Full AMP Suit Photo courtesy and © 2007 Stan Winston Studio / Legacy Effects.
AVATAR Stills, Poster, Trailer, and AMP Featurette © their respective owners.
Picture of J. Anthony Kosar and Stan Winston courtesy of Joe Pepe and Stan Winston Studio / Legacy Effects.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

COOL! Now I can say I know someone who worked on Avatar :) that must have been wicked cool.

J. Anthony Kosar said...

Thank you Katie, it was so much fun!!! :)

Aravind.J said...

With Stan Winston.. cool!! Your works are awesome!