Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visiting the Society of Illustrators...

While in NYC, we visited the Society of Illustrators. A recent friend of mine, George Fernandez, set up lunch for my father and I to have in the member's dining room, something that is exclusive to members.

The current exhibit there was The Line of Fashion. It was really interesting to see as, according to one of the signs on the walls, fashion illustration is completely lost due to the camera and photography. It was great to see all the other work in the hallways and in the dining room as well. Getting to see all of these classic illustrations by the masters was a learning experience in itself. The food was amazing too!

While there, I picked up a few books and I had a chance to learn about membership, which is definitely something I am going to do in the very near future. Thanks again George!!


Images © Society of Illustrators

No comments: